Does Nature Know Best?

Don Staples dstaples at livingston.net
Wed Dec 31 17:01:47 EST 1997

Jostnix wrote:

> Wenger suggests that a Nature controlled is a perfect Nature.  Man's
> intervention is the preferred way Mother Nature should be managed. "Clearly,
> the people's needs are satisfied much more abundantly by managed than unmanaged
> forests."
>
> Why do we need organizations trying to control the forest resource? What is you
> take on this...

We dont need organizations trying to control the forest resource.  We
need organizations to control the production of forest products.  Parts
of the woods need to remain wild, nature has an incredible ability to
belie the benefits of mans intervention.  An old age southern yellow
pine forest can be biologically sterile, or a mass of pulsating life,
all created by nature, but under very rare circumstances can man create
anything but a thin reflection of natures greatness.

--
Don Staples
UIN 4653335