subscript

Jamie Simpson central at scrutinizer.net
Mon Feb 3 02:18:12 EST 1997

Don Staples wrote:

> I would ask a question of you.  what is the Canadian view of the timber trade agreement
> between you country and the US?  My understanding (gathered from a report presented to
> your parliment and reported on the net) is that it is a locked in agreement for 5 years
> with not negotiation on price or volume.  Comments?
Ever since the US and Canada began trade in forest products there has
been acrimony. Five years with an agreement is a long needed break from
the fight.  Where exactly did you find the posting on the net?  Was this
part of the FTA or a separate agreement?  If it is part of the FTA we in
Canada have less to worry about our forest products and more to worry
about our water.