tree planting and CO2 sequestration

Paolo Mori sherwood at ats.it
Tue Feb 4 10:34:55 EST 1997

Dear readers and collegues,
I am trying to find updated information about the role of trees (and in
particular: fast-growing tree plantations) in reducing atmospheric CO2
concentration. These information will be used for an article in our monthly
forestry magazine in italian language called "Sherwood - Foreste e Alberi
Oggi".
In the net I was able to find only two good hints: the home page of the Carbon
Dioxide Information Analysis Center -CDIAC- (http://cdiac.esd.ornl.gov/cdiac/
) and an interesting document: Tree Planting to Abate Carbon Dioxide
Emissions: Options for Southern California Edison (By Frank Muller, Center for
Global Change, College Park, Maryland USA) found in
http://solstice.crest.org/environment/global_change/ctrforgc/cgcdoc8.htm

Following a mail sent to the CDIAC, Gregg Marland (Environmental Sciences
Division - Oak Ridge National Laboratory Oak Ridge, TN USA) kindly addressed
me to two interesting documents :
http://www.joanneum.ac.at/IEA-Bioenergy-TaskXV and
http://www.joanneum.ac.at/GORCAM.htm .

Is there somebody in the Net that can send me information, or some more
www address ?  I put the same questions to the forest-mail list and I hope to
"harvest" good hints from this newsgroup, too.

Thank you for your help

Antonio Brunori, M.Sc.
Vice-Editor Sherwood