brush burning

Don Staples dstaples at livingston.net
Thu Feb 13 12:12:16 EST 1997

George Sweeney wrote:

> Can anyone tell me where I could find some good information on brush
> burning for clearing the forest floor?

I assume you are in the south, if so, go to your local state forest service, most have a
burning program, or at least will have the basics on burning.

I would also recommend you contact a consulting forester for the burn and/or management
recommendations to see if a burn will accomplish what is necessary.  Like any practice
in the forest, you may get something you don't want or need!

I'm consulting in Texas, and we burn a bit out here.

Good luck, burning is the quickest,cheapest method of stand conversion and brush control
depending on what you want.