pinyon pine

Linda Ilse 102670.3047 at CompuServe.COM
Sat Feb 15 00:49:31 EST 1997

I am a doctoral student and my research will include working with
pinyon pines--Pinus remota.  I will be doing some
dendrochronological analyses and am wondering if anyone out there
has experience or knowledge of this species.  I will also be
doing some oleoresin analyses and would like to hear from someone
with experience in some of the techniques involved in determining
oleoresein flow rate, exudation pressure, visosity, and
crystallization.  I am familiar with some of the literature on
this topic and some of the techniques, but am wondering if there
are some current innovations.  My background has been in wildlife
ecology and I am a bit of a neophyte when it comes to forestry
practices.  I would appreciate any input.

Linda Ilse