Consultant news.

Don Staples dstaples at livingston.net
Sat Feb 15 14:38:55 EST 1997

The Association of Consulting Foresters is meeting with the Vermont Association of
Consulting Foresters on the request of the current president.  Richard Carbonetti, the
pres, expressed an interest to eventually convert the organization into a chapter of the
ACF.

Texas has desolved their state association in favor of being a chapter of the ACF, with
the subsequest increase of exposure to the national discourse on forestry and related
environmental topics.  To date the Texas Consulting Foresters have some 30 members and
candidate members in the national group, with the numbers growing.

Consulting foresters have traditionally been mute on the national scene, but find that
we have more to offer our clients and the public than the tradition bound state and
federal agencies. Many of us are the only on the ground environmental advisor our rural
clients see regularly.  Raising a national voice is to the benefit of the people and the
environment.

Ruminations of an old forester.