CO2 and Global Warming

Don Staples dstaples at livingston.net
Sun Feb 16 17:09:00 EST 1997

Jon wrote:

> In article <33060E5F.D9A at livingston.net>, Don Staples
> <dstaples at livingston.net> writes
> > Not my call, I will take the hand delt.
> >Optomistically, but I got to play the hand.
> This is a bit head in the sand don't yer think.
> Do you really think that nature can cope with the shit we keep chucking
> at her? I know that the politicians think so but I don't think you're
> one of those :-)
> all the best
> Jon
> --
> Jon ....<jon at walterlloydjones.demon.co.uk>

No, it is practicallity.  I change what I can, ignore what I cannot.  You might answer
my hypothisis, though poorly stated.  Is it global warming because of man, or the end of
the last glaciation?  Evidence exists that CO2 had higher concentrations than current in
past eras.  Artic ice cross sections indicate steady warming since the end of the last
glaciation.  Man has his faults, but, nature has delt with some fairly heavy foes in the
past.  Read some where abut the amount of pollution that entered the atmsophere when
Mount St.Helens erupted, put man to shame.  I have more faith in nature than man,
suppose that is why I'm a working forester.