New Member

Tim Morin lmorindc at mcn.org
Sat Feb 15 19:56:44 EST 1997

Lauren

I did talk to some of the "Old timers" at GP and found out that the
fertilizing with nitrogen produced moderate results, and was basically
discontinued because of lack of interest.  The interesting thing that I
did find out is that the biggest response in growth was from an
application of Sulpher.  Apparently, the sulpher was applied as sulpher
oxide, and then when disolved by rainwater produces a mild acid, H2so4,
sulphuric acid.  It is reasoned that this the more acidic soil then
provideds additional nitrogen to become available for nutrient uptake.

Congradulation/condolences to your husband.  SPI just bought our Martell
mill and property.  Hope Red Emerson doesn't start looking at our coastal
forestland.

Tim Morin