Automated photo interpretation

Jean Vezina jvezina at ibm.net
Mon Feb 24 22:03:27 EST 1997

I am interested to know if anyone works on a project on automatic
forest cover type identification based either on high resolution imagery
taken by airborne multispectral sensors or digitized aerial photographs.
I am particurly interested on methods based on texture and shape
analysis
instead of only using spectral signatures (habitually used in low
resolution satellite imagery).

I am currently working on a software program for automatic forest
cover type identification using texture and shape analysis and also
stereo matching (from digitized stereopairs) to find tree heights.

The only other works I am aware as those of Francois Gougeon of
Forests Canada and Axel Pinz (Austria).

Thank you for your cooperation!

Jean Vezina, for. eng.