Maximum number of species in a forest

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Wed Feb 26 07:22:40 EST 1997

Ron Wenrich wrote:

> I do not know of anyone who is using tree grades at this time.  They
> should, but it seems to be too much bookkeeping for the forester, and the
> buyers don't seem to know how to use the information or trust the
> forester's grade.

Same is true in Masschusetts. Some professors tried to get consultants
and state foresters to grade timber while marking it. It doesn't work. I
have my own timber grading system, good- bad- and ugly. The serious
timber buyers spend a great deal of time looking at the timber they may
be spending tens of thousands of dollars for. I let them worry about the
grade. <G>

--
http://forestmeister.com

"The only forester's web page in the Commonwealth of Taxachusetts".