EF! Fined $1million in Idaho

David Whitt davwhitt at med.unc.edu
Wed Feb 26 02:21:32 EST 1997

In article <Pine.GSO.3.95q.970222144836.12680B-100000 at kelly.teleport.com>,
Bob Tiernan  <zulu at teleport.com> wrote:
>On Sat, 22 Feb 1997, Mr. Whitt wrote:
>
>> > Enviro-terrorists?  What gives us that label?
>
>Oh, I don't know.  Spiking trees.  Sinking ships.
>Stuff like that.

Perhaps half a dozen or so environmentalists have spiked trees, but you
give all the label "enviro-terrorist".  I know of no ships sunk by
environmentalists but I do know of a certain GreenPeace ship named Rainbow
Warrior which was sunk by French commandos for opposing nuclear testing in
the south Pacific.  If anything, your label is far from accurate for
environmentalists and more accurate for anti-environmentalists who
harrass, beat-up, shoot, and bomb environmentalists as well as certain
corporations and industry which pollute the environment.

      ****                   David Whitt     davwhitt at med.unc.edu
     ** ***
         **                  No one can make you feel inferior
         ***                 without your consent.
         ****                                 -Eleanor Roosevelt
        ***  *
       ***   **   *          People often find it easier to be a result
      ***    ******          of the past than a cause of the future.