Professional Forester - usenet?

Brian Simm b_simm at conknet.com
Mon Jan 13 21:56:02 EST 1997

Joseph Zorzin wrote:

> Hi Alan and Doug-
>
> Well, now we're up to (including Don)- I better order another keg.
>
> Nobody's allowed to join the party who doesn't have mud on his boots and
> spots of paint all over his clothes. Otherwise all nationalities and
> sexes welcome. Err.... but then again there aren't any women foresters
> are there? I know a few but they don't pass the first qualification for
> the party. But.. maybe we can skip that rule for the women. <G>

Hi Joe: Re: your comments about women being foresters. I have been in the
profession for over 35 years and have met and worked with many women
foresters who I would say were every bit as well qualified if not more so
than many men. I think we should all give them more credit. They may not
be beer drinking Red Necks like some of us pretend to be but they are
excellent , hard working and dedicated foresters.

Brian