Landowner organizations

Ron Wenrich woodtick at lebmofo.com
Wed Jan 29 18:27:02 EST 1997

Here in Pennsylvania, we have a Forest Stewardship Program.  It was started
at Penn State, and it has been broken down into regions.  It encompasses
having consulting foresters examine woodlots, I believe at no cost.  These
foresters must go through a program to insure somewhat of a standard.  It
also encompasses all aspects of forest management, from wildlife management
(big, here in PA) to urban forestry.  In addition, they sponser several
workshops around the state for landowners, foresters, loggers, etc.  If you
need more information, just e-mail me, and I will give you a contact person
at Penn State.  It has been the most successful landowner organization in
our state.  I had started a few in the past, in cojunction with the state,
but few survived.