coppice tree inquiry

Karl Davies kdavies at igc.apc.org
Sat Jun 21 21:00:56 EST 1997

Coppice black walnuts and chestnuts and hickories?  I doubt that's what you
intended to imply.  But in any case you might want to check out papers by
Phil Rutter c/o Badgersett Research Farm, RR1, Box 141, Canton, MN  55922-9740
for info on very short rotation chestnut and hazel crops.  Also see website
for Northern Nut Growers Association at www.ieconomicserv.com/nnga/whatsnew.htm
I have written a draft manual called New And Old Northern Tree Crops which is
available for cost of copying and postage of $10. It has information on
economics of nut/fruit and boltwood production.  Good growing!