CO2 Treaty Dead On Arrival (CORRECTION)

Thomas Kellar tkellar at FSP.FSP.COM
Tue Jun 24 07:22:15 EST 1997

> by steve:
> On 23 Jun 1997 05:07:55 GMT, jbuck at synopsys.com (Joe Buck) wrote:
> >Xscsr at airmail.net writes:
> >>*  The banning of asbestos helped kill the seven Challenger
> >>astronauts;
> >
> >Nonsense.  No amount of asbestos would have saved them from the engine
> >explosion caused by the O-ring failure.  Where did you get this lie from?
> The pre-ban O-ring sealant was asbestos-based.  When asbestos was
> regulated out of existence, the O-ring sealant which replaced it
> failed at the low temperature at which the shuttle was launched.
> The asbestos-banners failed to think of all the externalities.
> No surprise, though.
> --Steve

Are you one of the people that wanted to create a new Panama Canal
with Hydrogen Bombs?  I will let you clean the asbestos out of my
house.  Will you use a mask?

By your logic, opium and heroin should be legal as their illegalization
contributes to the deaths of "third-worlders". e.g., drug dealers and
growers.

Thomas
--
Thomas Kellar      Tkellar at Dayton.fsp.com
    How can I wear the harness of toil, and sweat at the daily round,