Court Bans Raw Log Imports

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Fri Jun 27 03:45:07 EST 1997

Larry Caldwell wrote:

> From what you have posted about stumpage prices on the east coast, that
> would seem to be a really good idea.  Shipping costs would be high, but
> there might be enough money in it to make it go.
>
> But wait - do you have insects on the east coast?  If you do, somebody would
> surely sue to stop you.  :)

OK, we'll make a killing on this! <G>

I know that a few years ago somebody was shipping softwood out of Rhode
Island to China; so I'm surprised somebody isn't trying to ship logs to
the NW. Out of curiosity I'll have to talk to some of the mills around
here.

Insects? Right now we're at the peak of mosquitto season, so I'm in the
woods at the crack of dawn- but done long before the lunch hour.