Court Bans Raw Log Imports

Michael Hagen mhagen at mail.olympus.net
Fri Jun 27 10:31:12 EST 1997

Every summer, along Puget Sound area roads, we get to see the little
gypsy moth traps hanging from branches like bright orange christmas
ornaments. If a landownwer doesn't like orange-- well they can have
dayglow green!  This is in response to several escapes from asian cargo
ships, which were (If I recall correctly) in the Tacoma harbor district.
This was several years ago. Massive aerial BT spraying was conducted
over Seattle this spring. Yes, I said over the city. If the gypsy moths
are here, we're really giving them a run for their money!  If they're
1000 feet back from a road we've lost the battle.