CO2 Treaty Dead On Arrival

steven michael rummel rummel at students.uiuc.edu
Sun Jun 29 15:43:58 EST 1997

On 27 Jun 1997, Hugh Davies wrote:

> In article <33B059EE.7C9D at forestmeister.com>, Joseph Zorzin <redoak at forestmeister.com> writes:
>
> >I'll push that line of reasoning further- why the hell does our society
> >have to spend countless billions shooting people into space!

Because we would like to eventually move off Earth, if only because
eventually Earth will become uninhabitable, and unless humankind becomes
extinct, it might want to survive?

Either that or plain curiousity about what's out there.  Either reason is
good enough for me.  The alternative is what?  Settle down as a nice,
sedentary race, slowly, languidly slouching
toward stagnation and death?  No thanks.

Or, if you like, because it is there, and because there are enough human
beings with gumption and dreams to dare think that it might be
interesting to do so.

Steve R.