Ohio Forestry Association

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Mon Jun 30 03:23:12 EST 1997

Geary N. Searfoss wrote:

> The OFA advertised for a new executive director with resumes due by April
> 30. The decision to hire was to be made by the middle of June. Having
> sent a resume, I have heard nothing in return. They didn't even respond
> to a letter about their lack of response! Anybody know what's up?
>
> (I assume at this point I didn't get the job - just curious!)
> Thanks
>
> Geary Searfoss

That sort of thing used to happen to me about 20 years ago when I used
to still believe in the decenty of most human institutions. But then it
dawned on me that 99% of all job posting, at least in the forestry
field, was fake. The person who gets hired is determined before they
even post the job; usually it's some kind of neptosim, cronyism and
patronism. All that posting, interviewing, etc. is a mere formality.
Then once I became so enlightened I just created my own consulting firm-
and the big bucks pored in. But then again, maybe it's just my '60's
cynicism that hasn't yet worn off. <G>