SUPER BLACK WALNUT Trees Available NOW!

Ron Wenrich woodtick at lebmofo.com
Thu Mar 13 18:52:24 EST 1997

John L. Neidigh <jneidigh at teclink.net> wrote in article
<3324B512.550E at teclink.net>...
> Please visit the new WALNUTS ON THE WEB! site at:
>
> http://oscar.teclink.net/~jneidigh/super_walnut_trees.html
>
> Our grafted black walnut trees are ready to harvest in as little as
> 25-35 years and every tree should be veneer grade (i.e., worth about
> $1,700-$3,000 each in today's market and about $5,000-$10,000 each in 30
> to 35 years).

I'm curious where you came up with these numbers.  What size dbh would
there be at 25-35 years to warrant this "veneer grade"?  How much per Mbf
is this veneer worth?  If you get fast growing trees, the veneer value goes
down because there is not sufficient grain in the veneer to make it
desirable or attractive.  Give me the name of that veneer source, I'll ship
logs down from PA at those prices.!

Ron Wenrich