Grafting Pears to Hawthorns

Permacltur permacltur at aol.com
Thu Mar 13 19:04:19 EST 1997

Does anyone have experience grafting pears to hawthorns?  I am
particularly interested in results with hawthorn species suited to USDA
zone 9b (North Central Florida).   Are there particular interstems that
have proved useful?

Also, I am developing a list of pear varieties that produce with 300 hours
chilling or less. Any contributions to the list would be appreciated.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since
1982), Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design
Courses, consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981). Next
correspondence permaculture training by email starts in Aug., '97.
Internships available. Copyright, 1997, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway, P.O. Box
2052, Ocala FL 34478 USA  YankeePerm at aol.com

We don't have time to rush.