Agroforesty and animals

"Larry_Caldwell,larryc at" at "Larry_Caldwell,larryc at" at
Sun Mar 16 03:38:31 EST 1997

In article <3325C459.1ACD at>,
HARRY LEHMAN HORSE LOGGING <Horseharry at> wrote:

> all I wanna do is go horse logging in the coast range of oregon.

Several times I've wondered why nobody does elephant logging in Oregon.
The Portland Zoo certainly has plenty of elephants, and the Coast Range
starts right outside of town.

The terrain is kind of steep in places, but a stand of vine maple would
be perfect elephant fodder.  I have a theory that vine maple evolved
to feed mastodons.

-- Larry