Pepper Spray - No Big Deal...

Zane z_thomas at ix.netcom.com
Thu Nov 6 23:52:44 EST 1997

On Thu, 06 Nov 1997 19:36:07 -0800, Mad Scotsman
<Hilander at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>Zane wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 06 Nov 1997 14:56:04 -0800, Patrick <patrickl at wco.com> wrote:
>>
>> >That's not true Kirk. Earth First! is famous for spiking trees to damage
>> >logging equipment, specifically chain saws, and they know full well that
>> >this can and has led to the injury and death of loggers.
>>
>> Absolute and utter rubbish.  How about posting some references.  Don't
>> have any?  What a surprise, not!

Listen Scotty, this is getting old.  You make claims, someone asks for
some sort of evidence, and you simply ignore the point and move on.

>> >The Earth First! Vs. FBI and Oakland PD lawsuit aside, Judy Barri and
>> >her exhusband were injured by a bomb in the back of their car. Of course
>> >Barri claims that loggers put it there and the FBI and Oakland PD
>> >conspired to make it look like the bomb was theirs.
>>
>> I don't recall Barri claiming that she knew who put the bomb in her
>> car, simply that it wasn't her or the guy who was in the car with her.
>>
>> Now ask yourself, would you carry a motion-sensitive bomb underneath
>> the seat of a car you were driving?

Well Scotty, care to address that point?

>> A federal judge has found sufficient cause to allow the lawsuit to go
>> forward.  I suspect the judge is in a better position to evaluate the
>> merits of the suit than you are.  Don't you agree, or do you have
>> facts you'd like to share with us?
>
>The judge ruled that the suit be allowed to go to court.

Right, he ruled that there was sufficient evidence to require nine of
the officers to face trial on claims of false arrest, illegal search
and seizure, and conspiracy to disrupt Bari's political and
environmental advocacy through Earth First!

>> >I believe the FBI
>> >and Oakland PD version that Barri and exhubbie built the bomb and were
>> >going to use it, until it went off on them.
>>
>> And why's that?  There's certainly no evidence indicating that that's
>> what happened, which is precisely why the lawsuit is going ahead.
>>
>> Zane
>
>I repeat, the lawsuit is being allowed to go to trial. That's it.  No final
>outcome as of yet.

Yep, but you have your beliefs anyway eh Scotty?

Zane