Pepper Spray - No Big Deal...

Patrick Martin *bdrline at
Fri Nov 7 11:26:21 EST 1997

On Fri, 07 Nov 1997 05:03:48 GMT, z_thomas at (Zane) wrote:

>On Thu, 06 Nov 1997 20:31:08 -0800, Patrick <patrickl at> wrote:
>>Zane wrote:
>>> Absolute and utter rubbish.  How about posting some references.  Don't
>>> have any?  What a surprise, not!
>>One of my teams assignments in our last mutual aid escapade to Humbolt
>>county was to block a road to prevent entry into a logging area where
>>spiking had taken place during the last Earth First! demonstration. Now
>>just call the Humbolt County Sheriffs Office and asked them about
>>spiking of trees by Earth First! They have been using spiking techniques
>>for over 10 years.
>Do you guys have a reading comprehension problem, or do you fail to
>address points raised out of a malicious disregard for the truth?
>You said that trees had been spiked specifically to damage chain saws
>and that it has led to injury and death of loggers.  I defy you to
>produce evidence to that effect.

NoCal mill worker nearly had his head ripped off a few years back when
applying his saw to one of many EF¿ spiked trees.

Spiking of trees _are_ acts of TERRORISM, you know, especially when
end result is like this!

Note: If your a human responder, go ahead and remove
the `*' in front of my email name and reply address,
if this is an autoresponder, you won't read this
anyway, and it will set you in a BOUNCE loop.