Agroforestry

TREEFARMER at webtv.net TREEFARMER at webtv.net
Fri Nov 7 23:58:11 EST 1997

Nick, regarding agroforestry in Scotland, I was in Barr, Scotland about
17 years ago and there were these plantations of perfectly spaced
"pines"(?). At what diameter breast height are these usually cut? Also,
what would the diameter growth at dbh be in a year for this area.
Also, I was told they planted even the steep slopes by machine. If this
was true, it surely must have been a tracked vehicle.
In addition, thanks for your earlier posting on the creation of this
group. If you want to see a real mess, look at some of the postings
under agriculture. No wonder some of the foresters don't want to be
associated with the agro part.
It's a shame that the agriculture groups aren't half as good as this
one.