The M.A.O.C.F.

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Sat Nov 8 12:00:53 EST 1997

BOBNDWOODS wrote:

> Der Forestmeister wrote:
>
> >I'd like to start wearing a kilt for those hot days in the woods, but
> >I'm already in enough trouble with my rebel ideas around here. They'd
> >have me arrested. <G>
>
> Would make a wonderful yellowjacket trap!  <wince>
> Bob Miller
> Alabama Registered Forester
>
> ~~~> The forest may be quiet, but that doesn't mean all the snakes have
> left. ~~~>

Well, about 10 years ago... (OK, here comes an old story from an old
woodsman <G>)...

It was September and I was out in a stand where I had sold some timber
several years earlier. Now I was back marking for an improvement cut.
The ground was littered with tops from the previous cutting, making
excellent building sites for yellow jackets. So... I felt a sting under
my coveralls- then another- then another- then I realized there were
about a hundred inside my coveralls- they got through the little
openings on the sides. I started screeming (being very emotional like I
am)- I then riped off all my clothes and ran through the woods buck
naked like a screeming maniac- as they chased me.

Maybe the bees don't like the plaid of kilts. I'll give it a try- at my
next timber showing. <G>

--
http://forestmeister.com
"The ONLY forester's web page in the otherwise sophisticated state of