Pepper Spray - No Big Deal...

Patrick patrickl at wco.com
Sat Nov 8 02:38:54 EST 1997

Zane wrote:

> On Fri, 07 Nov 1997 18:09:54 -0800, Patrick <patrickl at wco.com> wrote:
>
> >Zane, if what Barri's attorney is claiming is true, and of course true
> >is the operative word here, then I would be willing to concede that
> >there might be some truth that the bomb was planted to get her.
>
> Good, looks like we're making progress.

Only to the extent that I will keep an open mind, but not that I believe
it. I just can't imagine that a bomber would be stupid enough to use a
tilt switch in the hopes of getting Barri.

> >The information that has been received by ordinance disposal personnel
> >is that this device was not motion sensitive.
>
> What information, which personel?

The information based on reports from the FBI and Oakland PD to disposal
personnel in California said nothing about a tilt switch. Our OD man
receives intel bulletins all the time.

> >I also hope you are aware that distortions of the truth and out
> >and out lies are common place in lawsuits.
>
> Geez, thought I gave enough caveats with my quote.  Of course I know
> that.  I did a quick net.search for source docs upon which Barri might
> be basing her statement, but didn't find any.  Neither did I find any
> documentation to the contrary.

OK, just so you and I agree that there is still no proven foundation for
her claim.