there is no newsgroup for loggers + sawmills

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Mon Nov 10 04:21:37 EST 1997

There is no newsgroup for loggers + sawmills. In Massachusetts I'm
always asking these fellows if they have email and so far none have it
that I know of and no logger/sawmill web pages. I don't know anyone who
works harder than these guys so they probably don't have the energy to
surf the net after work. I always enjoy my discussions with loggers and
mill foresters when I have timber showings. While I lead them through
the timber we usually chat about the latest machinery and markets. I bet
if there was a logger/sawmill newsgroup these folks would show up
because we foresters could tell them about it. So, one of these days we
ought to set up such a group just the way we (Larry Caldwell) started
alt.forestry. I'd really like to draw these guys on to the net; not just
to get them chatting but so that I can do my other communication with
them; bids and contracts, etc.

--
http://forestmeister.com
"The ONLY forester's web page in the otherwise sophisticated state of