Community Forests for real

Joseph Zorzin redoak at
Tue Nov 11 03:37:49 EST 1997

Will Anderson wrote:
> In article <644ufn$8fp at>, Exodus Warrior <rbomford at>
> writes
> >Hi World,
> >
> >I'd like to add my own personal story of the Gelli Tree Village. First
> >a local history lesson!

> Just remember there are two sides to every story.

What's the other side? Sounds like the usual devastation of a community
as a result of the same British imperialism and capitalism that built an
empire where the sun never sets- for the advantage of the English upper
class so they could build those hundred room mansions filled with
"stuff" from the empire and dozens of servants; while investing little
in the long term needs of the British "common" people; their
environment; their economy and education in particular.

(that ought to stimulate a lot of responses <G>)

"The ONLY forester's web page in the otherwise sophisticated state of