there is no newsgroup for loggers + sawmills

Ron Wenrich woodtick at
Mon Nov 10 20:02:06 EST 1997

Joseph Zorzin <redoak at> wrote in article
<3466D221.1AAC at>...
> There is no newsgroup for loggers + sawmills. In Massachusetts I'm
> always asking these fellows if they have email and so far none have it
> that I know of and no logger/sawmill web pages. I don't know anyone who
> works harder than these guys so they probably don't have the energy to
> surf the net after work. I always enjoy my discussions with loggers and
> mill foresters when I have timber showings. While I lead them through
> the timber we usually chat about the latest machinery and markets. I bet
> if there was a logger/sawmill newsgroup these folks would show up
> because we foresters could tell them about it. So, one of these days we
> ought to set up such a group just the way we (Larry Caldwell) started
> alt.forestry. I'd really like to draw these guys on to the net; not just
> to get them chatting but so that I can do my other communication with
> them; bids and contracts, etc.
> --
> "The ONLY forester's web page in the otherwise sophisticated state of
> Massachusetts".
Many mills don't even have a computer, let alone a web page.  Seems like
this bit of technology is a little advanced for them.  Although I would
welcome such a NG, I doubt there would be very much traffic.