Blinding Kids??!!

Don Staples dstaples at livingston.net
Thu Nov 13 20:18:47 EST 1997

John Wilkinson wrote:

> John Reece wrote:
> >
> > > We were watching the same report. Fortunately, my TV is somewhat dated
> > > and does not have a selective interpretation dispenser.
> >
> > Personally, I find it very difficult to assess the ages of the
> > protestors I
> > see on TV these days.  Most direct actions  don't seem to resemble
> > Gandhi so
> > much as they do a 3-year-old throwing a tantrum because
> > Mommy didn't buy the right Happy Meal.
>
> I wonder what you would have said about Gandhi if he had been your
> contemporary.  The Humboldt County protestors travel considerable
> distances and risk arrest and injury to try to save irreplaceable trees
> from the predations of a criminal, Charles Hurwitz.  How this resembles
> throwing a tantrum is quite mysterious to me.

A different view,  .... The Humboldt Couonty protestors travel
considerable distances and risk arrest and injury to try to save a
renewable resource from harvest by its legitimate owner, Charles
Hurwitz.  And the tantrum continues to be thrown on these news groups.

TRIM YOUR DAMN NEWSGROUPS!

Don Staples
UIN 4653335

My Ego Stroke:  http://livingston.net/dstaples/