forestry and the internet, especially email

Lars Andersen raadal at po.ia.dk
Fri Nov 14 11:36:22 EST 1997

Jostnix wrote
<19971113235201.SAA20109 at ladder02.news.aol.com>...
>Joseph the Bear writes:
>
>> How about using a chat roomfor an auction??? ---- And over here >in the
>corner of your Java window we have yaba, yaba, daba....
>
>I'm game.  You set it up and we will have the first timber auction ever.
>This is within the realm of possibility...YouMayBeOnToSomething!!!!

Hi, here from Denmark !
We also need more timber, than we grow, and it is getting too damned
expensive to import it from Sweden, so we will have to look elsewhere. I
guess that I can take logs across "the pond" for about 30 US$ pr m3. Correct
me if I'm wrong, please ! What is Your price FOB US-eastcoast for Norway
Spruce (Picea Abies) or what have You ?

I suggested a web-auction here in Denmark about 14 months ago, but nobody
could see the fun !  - but there was this guy in BC-Canada, that was trying
something, last year, but maybe you guys are not international oriented ?
TimberLars

write to raadal at po.ia.dk for further wisdom and knowledge !