forestry in the former Soviet Union?

bohrer at bohrer at
Fri Nov 14 07:39:46 EST 1997

In article <Wnhn2JAHO5Z0EwxK at>, Will Anderson <Will at> writes:
> In article <3466CF99.37B8 at>, Joseph Zorzin
> <redoak at> writes
>>How has the forest industry changed in Russia and the Baltics (meaning
>>Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia) since the breakup of the "evil empire"?
>>What about forest product trade links with the rest of Europe?
> Dont know much about them but due to the sterling exchange rate there is
> a lot of sawn Baltic timber landing at UK ports.
> --
> Will Anderson MICFor            email: will at
The last IUFRO meeting was in Finland, and in the program there was some trips
to bothe the Baltic states and Russia. I don't remeber, but surely there was
also talks by forester from those countries. Check also on the Proceedings
from the last World Forest Congress in Turkey. The FAO home-page is also
a good reference.

C Bohrer
Un. of Edinburgh