Firewood Splitting

TREEFARMER at webtv.net TREEFARMER at webtv.net
Sat Nov 15 23:40:50 EST 1997

Thanks to everyone  for their input.

Scott, our Tree Farm is located in West Central Illinois, more
specifically in Adams Co. If this "stickler" is like a large screw
apparatus, we had one once that mounted on a tractor PTO. It worked
pretty good 'till I tried to split an oak fork. It jammed up so tight it
killed the 45 hp engine, then I had to cut it off with a chainsaw. After
all this the seal started leaking and the PTO was slightly bent. Later I
heard a local dentist screwed one into his calf muscle. I haven't seen
them for sale lately.