Fraser Firs in Central Jersey-a question

Patricia Dumas pdumas at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 17 13:41:56 EST 1997

Hi..

I have just planted a balled and burlapped Fraser Fir here in New
Jersey..

I am looking for any info on this Fir trees' success here in Jersey, and
info on special care when planting at this time of year..(November)

I have read that they do much better in altitudes of above 200 ft..
which, alas we don't have here..But, of course, they sell them here as
living Xmas trees to plant after Christmas.. I just love the tree and
decided to plant one now.

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks!

Pat Dumas
Fair Haven, NJ