Bill to end logging on federal lands introduced to congress HR 2789

David Deutsch (Gondwana Gardens) gondwana at ix.netcom.com
Mon Nov 17 07:12:47 EST 1997

Mary Malmros wrote:

> It's all in your filters, ya know?  I strongly suspect that if some of
> my own Reformation Protestant ancestors were living next door to me, I'd
> consider them a bunch of nosy, preachy, busybody fundamentalists, and
> I'd wish 'em a hemisphere away from me too.

"nosy, preachy, busybody fundamentalists" this very day are still
neighbors to a lot of people (not to mention, Congress-people, police
chiefs, etc.), otherwise schoolboards wouldn't still be debating in this
day and age whether or not science classes should be teaching that the
universe was created in 7 days, a mere six or seven thousand years ago.
Nowadays, in our re-emerging theocracy and fading democracy (in the USA,
but the trend is worldwide...see Iran, Israel, Afghanistan and Algeria),
it is not entirely safe, and you must be careful what you say as it is
not "politically correct" to even hint anything negative about those who
are "spiritually enhanced." Someone may be watching, and taking notes.

:-)

David Deutsch