Texas: was USA capital gains tax on timber

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Tue Nov 18 22:01:41 EST 1997

Don Staples wrote:

> Joseph Zorzin wrote:
> >
> > Speaking of Texas, ever see the movie with Elizabeth Taylor, Rock Hudson
> > and James Dean? Wasn't a tree in the entire movie. Good flick.
>
> Unfortunately, filmed in Oklahoma.
> --

I drove across the panhandle of Texas once and it looked as empty as the
landscape in that movie. Never saw a tree. It's so empty as to be spooky
to someone like me always surrounded by wooded hills. Hard to believe
there were once a zillion buffalo out there. Instead I saw the sparse
cattle ranches, with the fence lines going off to the horizon and very
few cattle. So I thought that this is what all of Texas looked like.