WAFC Forest Focus - November 18, 1997

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Wed Nov 19 17:27:07 EST 1997

Don Baccus wrote:

> It's entirely possible that WAFC doesn't monitor this group, but just
> posts its bulletin here, so perhaps private e-mail might be more effective.
> If I were them, though, I'd want to know that most folks in alt.forestry
> want this crossposting, not just YOU.  Otherwise, in satsifying you they
> may piss off a bunch of other foresters, no?
> --

Without agueing all the other points, the guy from the WAFC in fact
LISTENED to my message and has sent me an email saying he'll in the
future post to the forestry newsgroups - which he said in a nice polite
letter to me- not like your almost successfull effort to draw me into an
argument- because YOU didn't like my message and felt a need to go
defensive and you added personal insults, which I usually respond to
with a fusilage, but I'm too tired today. <G>

Anyways, Don, like I said, I agree with you most of the time; because I
think no old growth should be cut and I agree that much logging is
poorly done and destructive; etc., etc., etc. I'm 90% environmentalist
and only 10% forester with the resulting lower income which was my
choice.