Pepper Spray - Torture By Police

Jym Dyer jym at igc.org
Wed Nov 19 14:54:32 EST 1997

> Tell me something ... what man (or woman) ever had his (or
> her) life destroyed by a tree spiking?

=o= There's been one injury, a man named George Alexander.  A
blade in a mill with poor safety conditions hit a nail and he
was seriously injured.  This was widely propagandized as the
fault of Earth First!, but in fact there is no reason to believe
that EF! or any environmentally-motivated individual put that
nail in that tree (which was not logged from a contested stand
of trees).  George Alexander himself certainly doesn't blame
EF!; he blames his employer's lack of concern for the lives of
millworks.

=o= But again, this issue has NOTHING to do with the police
torture tactics used against the kids who were nonviolently
protesting the sellout of Headwaters Forest.
    <_Jym_>