The debate

Don Staples dstaples at livingston.net
Sat Nov 22 20:16:16 EST 1997

BOBNDWOODS wrote:

> In article <34736575.5F7C at livingston.net>, Don Staples
> <dstaples at livingston.net> writes:
>
> > Our problem is
> >consultants who are nothing more then timber pimps, buying and selling
> >timber rather than acting on the behalf of the land owner.
>
> Hey, some of us timber pimps really do try to work in the interests of our
> clients too.

Sorry, not all procurement types are pimps.  The ones I speak of or the
ones that take the majority of the profit, and leave the landowner with
the mess, and less than a fair amount of cash.  Sales through the
consultant bring most of the cash to the landowner, a competitive bid
market, and a level playing field.  Right now in Texas, pimp prices are
around $250 per thousand Doyle, bid sales around $500 per thousand
Doyle.  I make my living by helping shear the sheep, not skinning him.
--
Don Staples
UIN 4653335