Dead Tree?

Gareth Browning aforester at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 24 16:07:59 EST 1997

I agree with Jim if I had as few deaths as that Id suspect a miracle. 10 -20
percent is what I have found in planting 5-20000 a year since 1990 here in
Cumbria UK. Douglas fir are extremely sensitive to anthing not remotely good
for them. I am sure my children playing hide and seek in the canopy store
and shouting "boo" caused more death than usuall last year.

Having said that once established on good sites they will grow easily as
quick as Sitka spruce and are for more pleasent to walk though especially at
first thining

Id forget very quickly about trying to work out why one died and be
thankfull for the remaining living.