120 new acres (was: Forestry Censorship...)

Anders Axelsson anders.axelsson at eu.pnu.com
Fri Oct 3 01:49:52 EST 1997

Larry Caldwell <larryc at teleport.com> wrote in article
<UhUL00O5II9P091yn at teleport.com>...
> In article <01bcc87a$78717cc0$bfa2fbce at folivier.cajunnet.com>,
> "Forest Olivier" <folivier at cajunnet.com> wrote:
>
> I hope you're young and vigorous, or have deep pockets.  Find out how
> many seedlings per acre large landowners are planting, and double it.
> You have room for about 100,000 little trees.

Hmm,we would plant 125,000--150,000 on that size of land.The effect is to
increase quality thrugh the crowding effect.Our government (Sweden)doesn`t
subsidize this exercise by a dime,but will fine one rateher heavily if the
re-growth 5 years down
the road is less than the 100,000.

> This may seem like a lot of work and expense, but if you plant 100 acres
> to pine and log it 30 years later, you will NET somewhere around
> $150,000, after you pay yourself back for all your expenses and time.

We´d log minimum 60 years after planting and would expect to net 600-800
KUSD
not counting the income from 2-4 thinnings in the interim.Just for
comparison.

AA