Headwaters Forest Video Available

Don Baccus dhogaza at pacifier.com
Sun Oct 5 20:45:54 EST 1997

In article <0epN00O5IMCN091yn at teleport.com>,
Larry Caldwell <larryc at teleport.com> wrote:
>In article <3435547C.4837 at luckymojo.com>,
>catherine yronwode <cat at luckymojo.com> wrote:

>> The following excerpts are DIRECT QUOTES from an article that ran in the
>> local Anderson Valley Advertiser newspaper in 1993. The author was Judi
>> Bari.

>Catherine, I'm glad you credited the article rather than claimin it was
>anonymous, but expecting Judi Bari to be an objective reporter is really
>stretching things.  OF COURSE she is going to be an E!F apologist.

If EF! didn't do it, Bari had nothing to apologize for.

Rather than being disingenous, why not simply say what you mean, that you
think EF! was responsible even though they don't claim to have done it?  In
other words, that Bari and other EF!ers are lying?  Why beat around the
bush?  Cut to the chase, man!

Of course, at the same time, how about offering some proof that they actually
did it?

And, what makes you think EF! paid for an "ad"?  Catherine said it was an
article run by the newspaper.  "Advertiser", as used in the newspaper name,
is pretty common in regular 'ole newspapers, which don't differ at all
from papers that use names like "Herald", "Examiner" and the like.

I'd guess that the newspaper did the basics, such as to verify that she did
actually interview the victim, and that her quoting of the victim was
accurate.   Printing a falsified interview with the victim of an incident
which had as much publicity as this one would lead to all sorts of problems
for the newspaper, so it's really hard to believe they wouldn't cover their
ass.