RePlanting Trees

BOBNDWOODS bobndwoods at
Tue Oct 7 20:26:15 EST 1997

In article <3439CC0D.7129 at>, "R.R." <fx at> writes:

>I have alot maple trees in my woods that I would like to plant in
>my field to extend the wooded area so I can Cut back On grass cutting

In addition to the other comments, (I agree with Don, better to get
seedlings from a nursery) you might want to kill the grass for about 3 feet
around each seedling with some Roundup herbicide to cut down on the
moisture competition.  If you don't get the Roundup on the seedling it
won't hurt it.

Bob Miller
Alabama Registered Forester