RePlanting Trees

Emil Knutti eknutti at access.mountain.net
Sat Oct 11 08:00:41 EST 1997

I tried this and have not had a lot of success.

All of the trees that I transplanted are still alive after nearly four
years but they are not growing.  I have concluded that young trees need
shade.  They were thriving under the canopy but not so in open sunlight.  I
transplanted the trees about seedling size, i.e., around a foot in height.

Another thing that might be against my plantings is that the soil is very
tight clay and is relatively flat so the water content of the soil might be
too great for maples.  I don't fertilize them because that seems to attract
the deer which abound around my house.

If anyone has any ideas on how to make these stunted trees grow, please
advise.

Thanks

Vincent Larin <larin at nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in article
<343D8B72.98CA271A at nbnet.nb.ca>...