26,000 Acres Forest Land For Sale

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Sat Oct 11 16:09:17 EST 1997

Jostnix wrote:

> In article <343FC198.432 at livingston.net>, Don Staples
> <dstaples at livingston.net> writes:
>
> >> Cave ab homine unius libri.
>
> Sounds great - love latin, want to be more than a dirt forester, want to
> play golf, the arts and PBS forever, think Shakespeare is universal, love
> champaine, eat caviar, wash hands after number one...but what in the ___
> does the above mean?

Hmmmm.... Seeing that I took lots of Latin in high school and a 5 credit
course on Medieval Latin in college (required of all forestry majors)
and seeing that I'm directly descended from both Julius Caeser and
Leonardo DaVinci I'll take a stab at that- it's something like "Beware
of a man with only one book"

Now I'll be interested in what the Texas Ranger says it really means.
<G>

Der Taxachussetts Forestmeister