forestry investment funds

Jostnix jostnix at aol.com
Wed Oct 15 19:11:30 EST 1997

In article <01bcd9ba$753e68a0$1800a8c0 at javali>, "Carlos Rio Carvalho"
<rio.carvalho at dirac.pt> writes:

>I´m looking for experience in forestry investment funds worldwide.
>
>Coments and tips will be helpfull.
>
>Carlos Rio Carvalho

Carlos:

A lot of US investment is going into North American forestland.   Several
insurance companies are investing capital in forest properties.  Many
retirement  funds are into timberland.  They believe that 12 to 18 percent
returns are normal - I tend to agree.

I am not going to give specific companies here.  Don't know the liability
on investor advice.  But I have studied the market and know that there is a
dollar to be made in undervalued forest property.

There are several takeover opportunities with companies that are land rich
and company poor...

      )(
    ))}{((
``````) (_________John Stephen Nix