I found alt.forestry!

Jostnix jostnix at aol.com
Wed Oct 22 07:49:36 EST 1997

There is a new (bettern' DejaNews) news service called Reference.com.  It is
 located at http://www.reference.com.  It is free and all you have to do is
 sign up and do a logon.

When linked, do a simple search for "alt.forestry" and you will find it listed
 along with bionet.agroforestry.  You can also post from this service but a
 newsreader IMHO is prefered.  I'm still bugging my ISP to find alt.forestry
 but this is a place you can both read from and post to the new forestry
 newsgroup.

I don't see a lot of traffic on alt.forestry. I, for one, ain't dropping
 agroforestry just yet with only five or six posts on alt.forestry since Oct
 18...Lots of people have not found this site yet.

Still, much potential and it is a site with a true forestry identity.

      )(
    ))}{((
``````) (_________John Stephen Nix
http://forestry.miningco.com