timber offering

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Sat Oct 25 15:20:17 EST 1997

Don Staples wrote:

> Joseph Zorzin wrote:
> >
> > 200 mbf of prime timber in Berkshire County, western Massachusetts, USA,
> > planet Earth, Solar system, Milky Way galaxy, mostly red oak (quercus
> > rubrum). Large, high quality timber.
> >
> > A timber showing will be held on Nov. 3. For futher info, please email.
>
> I am real interested in responce you get on this, forestmeister.  It is
> a first, to my knowledge, and I think it may be a little premature, but
> damn I like it!
> --
> Don Staples
>
> My Ego Stroke:  http://www.livingston.net/dstaples/

Well, I've been cutting edge ever since I went to Woodstock. Out on the
frontier of forestry- in so far as Taxachusetts goes- so far out in the
front that nobody can else can see me. The twilight zone of cyberspace
this time.

I have my usual stable of timber buyers most of whom are within 50
miles- lots of sawmills in this- one of the most densely populated
states in the great American Empire- 2/3 of the state is forest and most
of that is private. Over 6 million folks in a state no bigger than a
small ranch in Texas. <G>

I doubt I'll strike up any interest this way, but yuh never know. If we
can get the sawmill foresters to enter cyberspace- this could be an
effective marketing tool.

Speaking of Woodstock- there's this sweet little old lady who runs the
local video store. In her mid 50's with white hair and bifocals. Reminds
me of my grandma when I was a child. One day I rented the video on
Woodstock and asked her if she had heard of it. Sure she said, "I was
there- just a young woman in my early 20's- dropping acid and grooving
on Hendrix". It's gonna take me a long time to recover from the shock.
<G>

Realistically, I don't think marketing stumpage on the net has much
value, but marketing logs or finished lumber has a great future no
doubt. Like- a cash and carry web page lumber yard? Uh.. probably not.
But people are going to make fortunes with the net... but can anyone
make it pay for the forestry business?
--
http://forestmeister.com
"The ONLY forester's web page in the otherwise sophisticated state of