EF! case histories.

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Sun Oct 26 06:21:38 EST 1997

Patrick J. Chicas wrote:

> Joseph Zorzin (redoak at forestmeister.com) wrote:
> : Patrick J. Chicas wrote:
> :
> : > Hey! What about HITLER?
> : >
> : > Your forgot that tidbit in your complete sidestep of the facts. How
> : > typical, and how pathetic!
> : >
> :
> : Screw you! The point was that it is idiotic to have a few characters
> : with spikes made out to be terrorists when the entire landscape of North
> : America has been terrorized by our civilizaiton. If you can't comprehend
> : that, go back to first grade.
>
> Such arrogance. So Typical!
>
> He Joe, do you agree with this comment from your comrades in arms?
>
>  "If radical environmentalists were to invent a disease to bring human
>   populations back to sanity, it would probably be something like AIDS. It
>   [AIDS] has the potential to end industrialism, which is the main force
>   behind the environmental crises."
>
>   -Earth First! newsletter
>
> How about this one from your favorite EF and Sierra Club Leader,
>
>  "Phasing out the human race will solve every problem on earth, social and
>   environmental."
>
>   Dave Forman, founder of Earth First, and presently a member of the Board
>   of Directors for the Sierra Club
>
> --
>
>  Patrick J. Chicas *  Email: <pjc at aloha.net>

No I don't agree at all with those items because I have common sense.
<G>

Nothing violent. I'm an old peace loving flower child. But some of the
ideas of these groups are infinitely more intelligent than will ever
come out of Republican scumballs like Rush Limbaugh. We should save the
last remaining redwoods and a some "aggressive" politicing may be
necessary but more in the line of what Ghandi would do- passive
resistance which of course was practically invented by Henry David
Thoroeau. It's much more effective than violence. Ghandi threw out the
Brits from Indian without a violent revolution.

The problem is that many polluting and destructive industries are run by
idiots and our politicians are owned by those idiots so just being
polite won't work to stop the environmental destructiveness of industry-
but violence won't work either. The unibomber will fry because he took
the wrong approach.

--
http://forestmeister.com
"The ONLY forester's web page in the otherwise sophisticated state of